Saturday, January 26, 2008

Introspection

It's been a week since my last post (not really much of a post, but it was something) and I figured I should give my viewing populace an update on things. I'll be honest, this week has been anything but good, but I'm blessed with awesome friends, and even though they're two thousand miles away, they can still lift up my spirits.

Right now I've just finished my 2nd week of school and so far so good. (Still need to get a jump start on my history class) I'm rocking it in algebra and I'm liking the whole online homework and testing aspect of it. The program, while super picky about the answers it will accept as correct, is also good at helping you solve the problems as well. It's pretty well thought out. I'm hoping to walk out with an A. My business comp sci class has me bored to tears already. I was praying we would work with Java Script, but no, HTML coding is what we will be spending the majority of our time on. HTML is a static, non-dynamic programming language that is almost dead. Oh well, I'll just razzle and dazzle with my 1EE7 h4xxorz skillzorz. Other classes are meh, but good.

Work was interesting this week, started some laptop training on Friday and that was pretty entertaining. My trainer and co-trainees are a fun bunch and we bs'd for most of it. I really like Edward Jones as a company. They know how to instill loyalty into their employees and not by buying them off with pay. They treat their employees with respect, its a novel approach. Next week is more training.

I think one thing that's really got me down this week is just the realization that I really don't have much going on in the way of a social life. I go to work, school, swim, and kick it at home. And I'm really fine with that, but sometimes I just wish for more, but I'm not someone who makes friends just to have them. I dunno, I think just being this far away from my comfort zone gets to me everyonce in awhile. I'll just bury my head into the grindstone.

Yeah, it's an alright post. Debating whether this one will get posted or saved.

No comments: