Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Day of Classes

Today was my first day of classes for the Winter Semester of 2008. Couldn't have begun soon enough! I've been so bored over winter break that I'm more than eager to get going. This semester all of my teachers speak with an accent, not dissing accents or anything, it's just going to be interesting.

My Comp Sci (not really computer science, a business requirement for computer knowledge, but it's the closest thing I got) class should be fun this semester, we have the option to focus on MS Excel and Access, HTML, or Java Script. My vote is for JavaScript. Of all the things we could learn in that class Java is the only one I'm least knowledgeable in. HTML while fine and dandy is old and dead, and not dynamic in any sense of the terms. But we are dealing with non-computer savvy peeps. Vamos a ver!

Now my Algebra class I can honestly say I'm going to enjoy like no other. A lot of it is online and deals with using software to take and submit quizzes. The teacher is mid 50's middle eastern woman who is hilarious without trying. So far she delivers a good lecture and is very quick and concise with materials, but then again it could be that I already know this beginning material. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm aiming for higher than a 3.0 this semester, I'd be happy with a 3.5 or above.

Now my Introduction to Arts of Asia course... this will be cake taker. Good news is there is no mid-term or final and the tests are multiple choice. But here's the kicker, we have a test every two weeks and from what I understand, in the period of 3 months we will have covered over 12,000 years of art history from India, China, and Japan. I'm looking forward to getting to see and hear some interpretations of the art. But she announced that she is a tough teacher, but fair as well. Give me two weeks and I'll report back.

All in all good impressions so far. My online history class is nice as well, I have until February 15th to finish section 1. Which is not that far off now that I think about it. Well that's the good news.

3 comments:

Mary Victoria said...

Yea!! Stuffs to keep ya busy ;) The Asian Art class sounds so neat!

Kyle said...

Yeah, feel free to peruse my book, it's huge!

Emily S. said...

kyle,

do NOT lend my husband your skeezy speedos. Gross.

J/K

:)

Emily